- Nutritional value (1 medium): 75 calories, 3 g fibre
- Disease-fighting factor: Apples contain antioxidants called flavonoids, which may help lower the chance of developing diabetes and asthma. Apples are also a natural mouth freshener and clean your teeth with each crunchy bite.
- Did you know? An apple’s flavour and aroma comes from fragrance cells in apple skin, so for maximum flavour, don’t peel your apple. Plus, the vitamins lie just beneath the skin.
- Nutritional value ( Â½ avocado): 114 calories, 4.5 g fibre, source of vitamin E and folate
- Disease-fighting factor: Avocados contain healthy monounsaturated fats that can help lower cholesterol levels when eaten instead of harmful saturated fats. For a heart-healthy boost, replace butter with avocado on your favourite sandwich.
- Did you know? Babies love avocados. Their soft, creamy texture makes them easy to eat, and their high fat content helps with normal infant growth and development.
- Nutritional value (1 medium): 105 calories, 3 g fibre, source of vitamin B6, potassium and folate